Monday, October 22, 2007

AAACK! I've been tagged and I don't know what it means.

A good friend and fellow craft fair loser (hee hee), Nicole , has tagged me for this experiment which was originally started by Mary Demuth (http://www.relevantblog.blogspot.com/). "It's an experiment to see how many degrees we can separate (kind of like Kevin Bacon, only it's relevantblog). How many people can one blog potentially reach?"

I have no idea how this works, so here goes...

10 years ago - 1997

I had just celebrated my one year anniversary to Robert in August and I was on my way to having my transfer from San Antonio, TX to Imperial Beach, CA finally go through. I would be able to finally live with my husband. We were both in the Navy (where we met) and when we got married and applied for "spousal co-location" the closest place they could send me to San Diego where he was stationed was San Antonio. I guess they both have "San" in the name of the city, so the Department of Defense figured it was close enough. It was a tough first year of marriage, but we have learned that if our marriage could survive that - it can survive pretty much anything.

This photo was taken in '97 when we were going to the Renaissance Faire



This is a photo of me circa 1997 @ Disneyland



20 years ago - 1987

Okay, I did a little math and figured out I would have been in 7th grade. I went to school in San Bernardino (Arrowview Jr. High). I am pretty sure this is around the same time my parents were splitting up. My memory of anything that far back is really sketchy. I know I was in Girl Scouts for a time, which is kinda funny - because it has now come full circle and I am a Daisy Girl Scout leader for my daughter's first year of Girl Scouts.
This is a photo of me at the Mormon Rocks (right there off the I-15) I was on a Girl Scout outing. I remember riding there from San Bernardino thinking "are we there yet?"



30 years ago - 1977

Well, I was two years old - I don't have many memories. I do know that '77 was the year the original (and still the best) Star Wars movie came out. I was a huge fan when I was a kid, and even though it was a couple years later - I remember my Mom taking me out of school for the day to go see Return of the Jedi on opening day. That is a huge memory!

Photo of me circa 1977 with my Dad at the San Diego Zoo. I have photos of both of my kids in this exact same pose. (without the popsicles)



I have to tell you, I hope this blog stuff gets easier - this one took me almost 2 hours! Of course I had to dig out 30 year old photos! Nicole and Sarah better start giving me some blogging lessons, 'cause I tell you this was a pain in the a**!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG I laughed so hard at that Ren.Faire Photo Cyndie, ha ha ha. So cute!! BTW, I have complained multiple times to Damien about how long it takes me to post anything. I am getting a bit quicker, but if I don't post often thats why. You have 2 now, keep going.

scrappernic said...

YEah! LOVE IT! What fun pictures. It gets easier (and faster). Not adding pictures helps. That's why mine is missing the 1987 picture. I went with what I already have on the computer (yes I cheated). I can pretty much post a blog as fast as I can write an email, so it does get faster.