Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Socks and Butterflies

Two days in a row I have something to post. Whoo Hoo! I am going to start carrying my camera with me everywhere just for the heck of it.

This morning while getting ready to walk out the door to catch the school bus, I grabbed the camera to take a photo of Elizabeth's socks. Why would I take a photo of socks, you may ask? Because my Mom took the time to hand crochet a special edging with beads on to her socks per my specific request (what a Mom, huh?)

This is one pair.




And of course as soon as Liam saw me pull out the camera to take Elizabeth's photo, he wanted in on the action. I took this photo just to appease him, and it turns out to be one of the best photos I have taken of the pair of them in a while. Go figure!

We also freed our pet butterflies today. My friend Nicole had gotten us two caterpillars last time she went to the Kidspace Museum (they have an annual butterfly thing). By the time I finally got around to picking them up from her house, they were already in the chrysalis stage. So we made them a butterfly box home, complete with page protector windows. Sure enough, after about 7 days, they broke open and we got to watch the miracle of transformation, or whatever it is that they do. It was pretty neat, and the kids just loved it. Listening to Liam talk about the butterflies and their chrysalis in his little three year old voice was priceless.

We took the butterfly box to the local park and managed to safely release the butterflies even in the practically gale force winds. Elizabeth was even able to let one sit on her finger for a few snaps of the camera before the wind whipped it away. Both butterflies seemed to do fine, and we wished them well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shirlee said...

crude, I left a comment, and then had to sign up for a google name, and then my comment was gone. But it basically said, I'll check every couple days to see what you are up to, and I loved seeing the photos and reading the posts.

scrappernic said...

WOOHOO! Glad to see you posting :) Fun with the butterflies--ours flew away so fast I didn't get any good pictures. Oh well.