Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Beach



I am playing around with my digital scrapbook skills a little bit. These are photos from last Monday, June 23. We were down in San Diego staying with my sister and we took the kids to the beach. For my kids it was the first time seeing the ocean. Although, having been on the shores of Lake Erie I don't think the ocean looked much different to them. I think it is hard to grasp the hugeness of the ocean when you are 3 or 5 years old. They had a great time playing in the sand and digging for sand crabs. It was perfect weather for the beach, and we only had a couple of minor spots get minor sunburns. Liam loved the ocean, and had a great time walking in the waves with his aunt Jennifer. Elizabeth was not quite so thrilled, and it took quite a bit of coaxing from her cousin Shelby before she would even go in past her knees. We ate sandwiches and had snacks, and then headed home in the late afternoon. What a great day.

1 comment:

scrappernic said...

Love this layout!! I'm still too chicken to try digi scrapping :) Love your new header too--did you make it? Glad you had fun in San Diego--I sure miss you!