Sunday, August 10, 2008

First Day of School


First Grade!

I can't believe my baby is old enough to be in first grade. She was just so excited to go back to school. She wanted to take the bus to school, but she wanted me to follow the bus to school also. I have to say, it was much easier for me this year. I put her on the bus and then headed straight for the school. Liam and I had to park way down the street, because apparently I wasn't the only parent who wanted to be there for the first day. I waited out in the playground area with some other parents, and I didn't see Elizabeth for about 15 minutes until she ran up and hugged me. I didn't feel that panicked feeling as last year, I know she knows the routine now. She goes to school from 8:30am to 4:30pm now, and doesn't get off the bus until almost 5pm everyday. So, now at the end of the first week we are still adjusting to the new schedule. She has been very tired and crabby this whole week.




No comments: