Monday, January 12, 2009

Twilight cube

So, I know I am obsessed with this story, I admit it. I made this cube as a gift for a friend who is also obsessed. I got the idea for the cube from another blog, she had posted a great tutorial on how to do the "X" inside the cube. This format gives you so much more space to alter and some a couple of the sides even have a dimensional look like a shadow box. I just glued down one side of the photo with a strong adhesive and then when you fold it to put it in the box, it just kind of gently bends in and makes the photo really dimensional. I just added quotes from the book. It was difficult to take photos of the finished cube - I think it looks better in person.












2 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

That is really cool! What a great idea! :)

scrappernic said...

Love this! Wow! I tell you this, it wouldn't last ten minutes on my desk at school before one of the girls claimed it!